All of Us
Monday, June 9, 2014
A New Path....
I have still been experiencing some digestive trouble since my illness in January/February and so once again I headed to my GI doctor yesterday. Yes, on a Sunday, but I was going to have to wait even longer if I didn't take yesterdays appointment. Anyway, he saw me and as I began my story, a smile crept on to his face. He patiently waited for me to finish and then replied, "I've been thinking of you and a few of my other patients this past week!" Okay, CREEPY!!! Just kidding! He said he thinks with the symptoms I've been telling him about that I may be gluten intolerant. I know that presently I do not have Celiac Disease, but it is quite possibly gluten sensitivity or intolerance. So he asked me to go gluten free for the next month. I was amazed in some ways but expecting it in others. Already I am noticing some subtle changes in how I feel nothing drastic for sure, but better! I would ask you if you don't mind to be praying for me. This is a huge change for me as I love me some warm homemade bread with butter melting off of it, but alas, until I can find a good gluten free version no butter melting bread for me! I do want to feel better and if this is the change I need to make, I will try to embrace it with semi-open arms! LOL!! I know God wants to teach me new and exciting things through this new path! Also if you have celiacs or gluten intolerance and you have some good recipes...I am completely open to any help!! Thank you for all your love and encouragement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WNEDY, I AM HAPPY TO SEE SOME NEWS AS I WANTED TO CALL YOU TODAY BUT KNOW YOU ARE BUSY ANDI WAS DOWN 2 TIMES FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS EACH.GO TO ELANA'S PANTRY ON THE INTERNET AND ALSO PALEO DIET RECIPES. JACKIE THAT GOES TO ALLIANCWE CHURCH IS NOW THE MANAGER OF THE ORGANIC DEPT. AT THE AUBURN WEGMAN'S AND MAY BE HELPFUL. I HAVE SWITCHED OVER TO USING ALMOND BUTTER, ALMOND FLOUR ETC. AND HAVE SOME RECIPES. GOD BLESS AND PRAYING AND TRUSTING GOD WILL INTERVENE AND YOU WILL BE BETTER. IT IS NOT EASY TO CHANGE OVER BUT IF YOU MUST, YOU MUST. I EVEN HAVE FOUND BACON ETC. WITHOUT NITRITES WI-HICH IS NOT GLUTEN BUT I KNOW ANY CHEM. ARE NOT GOOD FOR US. MARIE
ReplyDeleteThanks Marie! I think and pray for you often! I hope to see you soon! Love you!
DeleteA friend of mine gave up gluten because she is a health nut. Wegmans has a great selection. They have bread she toasts and has with butter!! She always says she's glad she's not allergic. But she feels better since giving it up! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
DeleteCooks Illustrated has a new Gluten Free recipe book out. It's currently on sale, too! http://americastestkitchen.buysub.com/new-releases/the-how-can-it-be-gluten-free-cookbook-2528.html
ReplyDeleteI could give you several gluten free recipes, but I don't do gluten free baked goods. I'm working on the menu for the Ladies' Retreat this fall and several of our items will be gluten free.
I'll see what I can pull together between now and Sunday.
Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)
Delete